Monday, March 14, 2011

Member Spotlight - Emily Linquist

Emily Lindquist
In an effort to help create community Emily Linquist wrote a handful of these Member Spotlights that were featured in our bulletins.  We wanted to add them to the Covenant-Community pages. If anyone would like to create more of these let me know and I will be happy to post them.
~ Margot

Emily Lindquist
Emily Linquist is a junior (3yr) at Whitworth University as a Theology major. She’s been attending FCC for about a year and a half. She’s originally from Minnesota.

Her favorite thing about God: I’m not sure if I can pick my favorite but one thing that makes me so in love with God is that he created us to be in relationships. It makes me so happy, that when I’m hanging out with my friends and having a blast and the atmosphere full of pure love and joy, that’s exactly what God desires and wants of us!

Blessed times: This past summer I worked at a ‘wilderness ministry outfitter’ near Leavenworth. It was exactly what I needed after a stressful school year. It was so cool to know that I did nothing to get to where I was but that God planned the summer for me so that I might learn about his abundant life.

Life and learning lately: This past school year was hard for me. I’m used to being independent. I’ve always been the one who friends came to when they were having a hard time. I’ve never really needed anyone before this last year. God taught me to be dependent on him and to ask for help.

What makes her alive: So many things make me feel alive! I love being with people, developing deep friendships. Being active in nature makes me feel so alive and in the presence of Christ. It inspires me. I also love to sing!

Family traditions: Every Christmas my family makes chocolate covered pretzels together, and while we make them we listen to ‘A Veggie Tales Christmas.’ My sister and I love it and sing along while the rest of my family rolls their eyes and tries to shut it off. :)

Stress: Homework, I’m a perfectionist and like to be on top of work.

Books (other than the Bible!): A Voice in the Wind and Redeeming Love both by Francine Rivers.

Quotes: If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world. -C. S. Lewis

Prayer Requests: I have tendonitis in my Achilles and fingers. This past week I saw a physical therapist for the first time and am hoping to heal and strengthen them so I’ll be able to run and climb mountains again! Also, I always need prayer that I would continually trust in Christ and not be shaken my circumstances in my life or homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment